This post features an list of events or recommendations for the May half term if you are looking for something to do with your babies/toddlers due to many classes only running term time.
If we have been gifted or paid for advertising an event, it will state (AD) beforehand. However, this is just places we have visited and recommend ourselves.
We try to update our post as regular as possible but please bare in mind – Events may change details, cancel or be sold out during this time.
To add to our guides, email us details over to email@example.com
- FREE sensory room at Nunsmoor Centre Trust.
- Softplay Sessions at Galafield Centre – cheap and affordable; cost us under £15 to eat and play – 2 adults and 2 kids.
- Ashington Soft-play area at Active Northumberland – with 7 other sites with softplay areas such as Blyth, Ashington, Ponteland, Prudhoe, Willowburn, Concordia, Berwick and Morpeth – Active Northumberland for more information.
- Tynemouth Aquarium
- Family Friendly pub: The Wheatsheaf Farm – under 5’s indoor play area and also outdoor play-area.
- Fun-shack Newcastle.
- Better Trampoline Park & Soft-play, West Road
- Pool sessions for all the family with Active Northumberland – check out which venues here.
- Toy Takeover on 28, 29, 30 31 May & 1, 2 & 4 June, 11am – 4pm. No pre-booking required, included with Ushaw Annual Pass and Daily Admission.
- Under 5s Play Hive at The Baltic available from Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-6pm. This is a mini-Baltic role play area and FREE to pop in.
- Join Toddler Time at The Baltic, where your under 5’s can explore the world around them through imaginative play. Wednesdays 10am-6pm, Free
- Join Kitty the Kittiwake with your little one, for a Wonder & Wander around one of The Baltics current exhibitions. Wednesdays 10.30am, Free.
- Cereal Disco & Doodle at The Baltic. breakfast, a boogie, and a doodle in Front Room available every morning Wednesday – Sunday for the Half Term (26th May – 4th June). FREE Drop In Session.
- Bloom Sunderland have Willy Wonka themed classes on over May Half Term: 29th May – Parkside Community Centre, 30th May – Holy Rosary Parish Centre, 31st May – Roker Methodist Church and 1st June – Cleadon Methodist Church. Book here.
- (AD) Bloom Newcastle have their first Festi-Bloom special class at Tesco Kingston Park on Tuesday 30th May. Book here.
- 31st May: Discover a Story; The Boy Who sailed the World at Discovery Museum. Story and crafts for pre-school children – must pre-book.
- 1st June: Kids Yoga & Craft Workshop at The Watch House. Workshop includes all equipment and craft activity. A healthy snack and refreshments will be provided. £18 per child, under 5’s need supervised. Book here. (7
- Friday 2 June: Hartbeeps – Toddler Disco at Discovery Museum, £6 per toddler. Accompanying adults and babies go free.
- Bloom Baby Sensory Social to celebrate ‘World Parents Day’ on 2nd June – at What a hoot day nursery, Blyth. There is two classes 6 weeks to 6 months to 6 months to walking.
- Join Bloom for thier first BLOOMFEST to kick start half term with fun, glowing lights, and festival activities: Friday 2nd June at Bedlington Masonic Hall & Saturday 3rd June at East Hartford Community Centre – £12 per toddler. Book here.
Leave a Reply