This post features an list of baby and toddler classes and sessions: some run weekly and some may run on a term basis.
As many of you’s know I have just had a baby and we are wanting to share our moments with you from a range of classes to events and baby friendly places. I will eventually be able to write from a mumma’s perspective now.
I have gathered this information over the last few months and our Baby B post are becoming really popular, Therefore I have created a post that will be updated regularly and kept up on the site.
If we have been gifted or paid for advertising an event, it will state (AD) beforehand. However, This is many of the companies we have worked with in the past or present, They may have also been posted into our recommendations group – this could of been by the company themselves or by someone who has enjoyed their event before.
We try to update our post as regular as possible but please bare in mind – Events may change details, cancel or be sold out during this time.
To add a class/session to our guides, email us details over to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book swimming lessons with Dinkies swim school for toddlers and babies.
- diddi dance classes funky pre-school dance classes (1.5+)
- Baby Bop at Carnival House – every Wednesday at 11am.
- Baby Sensory Story-time at Carnival House – every Thursday 10am
- Bloom Gateshead Central and South they run classes across Gateshead and Washington (Dunston, Gateshead Leisure Centre, Whickham and Washington). free classes for babies under 6 weeks and also twin discount which offers 25% off the total cost of the booking.
- Bloom baby classes across Northumberland and North Tyneside including Ashington, Bedlington, Seaton Delaval as well as other locations across the North East. (Baby’s under 6 weeks go FREE).
- Riverside Community Health Centre, Benwell: My Baby and Me (8 weeks to 12 months) – 10:30am to 11:30am on Tuesdays. FREE
- Riverside Community Health Centre, Benwell: Breakfast Stay and Play (6 months to 4 years) – 9:15am to 10:30am on Thursdays, FREE.
- Riverside Community Health Centre, Benwell: Boogie Bairns (8 weeks to 2 years, 3 months) 1:00pm to 2:00pm on Thursdays, FREE.
- Seven stories: Baby book socials on Mondays and Thursdays at 3pm (term time).
- Tiny Tweeties classes at Houghton and central Durham suitable from birth to 5.
- Mini Science brings pre school science fun to children aged 1-4. They have classes running in Sunderland and Seaham. Book here.
- Little movers: classes across south Tyneside, South Sunderland, Bolton and many more. (Some have funded sessions available up until March).
- Kalma Life: Classes across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and many more. classes available are Baby Massage, Baby Yoga, and Toddler Yoga.
- Messy Monkeys North Tyneside: Classes in Monkseaton, The Rising Sun country park, Benton and Brunton Park, Gosforth. Termly and PAYG, sibling and group discount available.
- Lullababy classes: Classes across Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham and much more. Step 1 and Step 2 classes available.
- Artventurers classes at Newcastle and Gateshead.
- Under 5 sessions at Ushaw, Durham. every Friday from 3 – 31 March, 1:15pm – 2pm.
- (AD) Soothing baby massage and children’s yoga. Baby massage, Baby Yoga and Toddler’s Yoga.
- Every Monday this year (during term time) National Glass Centre , will be running an FREE ‘Little Artists’ sessions from 10-11.30am. Creative play and exploration in a safe and welcoming venue. For under 5 years old.
- (AD) Music, Singing & Sensory Classes with Hello World at Royal Quays.
- Makaton signing classes for baby with Little Folks at Ryton. Starting 28th February.
- Play sessions at Acorn and Oak – 0-6 months – £3.00 or FREE with a paying sibling
- Free sessions at The owl tree children’s cafe until March 2023. Check out here.
- Crafty Kids at Shipley art gallery for 2-5 year olds but younger children are also welcome. Every Tuesday, 10.30 – 11.45am. £5 per session. Book here.
- Free Mam social sessions at Woodland play patch limited spaces on every session for free with cost of living scheme. Book here. Monday and Tuesdays.
- Little Treasures toddler group at Bowes Museum on Thursday mornings.
- PAYG Sessions with The playgroup East Durham and Hartlepool – Book here.
- PAYG Sessions with Tumble baby & toddler Newcastle – book now
- Tiny spark sessions at Discovery Museum. ( £3.50 per child. £3 for additional children aged 3-5, Afternoon sessions are a repeat of the morning session. Please do not book more than one session a day).
- Baby College Classes currently run across South Tyneside but will be opening in Sunderland later this year: aged 0-4.
- Mini Harvard classes: Activities for baby to pre school, Baby and toddler group at Tantobie community centre on Tuesdays at 9.30-11am. £2 per child (£1 for siblings)
- Mini Harvard Toddler gymnastics classes at Tantobie community centre on Thursdays at 1.30-2.15pm.
- Mini Harvard classes: Activities for baby to pre school, Baby and toddler group at Tantobie community centre on Fridays at 9.30-11am. £2 per child (£1 for siblings)
Leave a Reply