Illuminating Ushaw: Land of Enchantment, Christmas light trail is back.
I was kindly gifted tickets for their premier weekend.
- Please bare in mind – changes may apply, always check the website linked.
- Please don’t use any photographs/Video footage without permission.
- If you would like to work with us – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Illuminating Ushaw is back again this Christmas with a ticketed experience throughout various dates in December: Book now.
- Taking place on the following dates:
Saturday 3, Sunday 4 December
Saturday 10, Sunday 11 December
Friday 16, Saturday 17, Sunday 18 December. Book now
- Tickets cost from £10 to £12, booking is essential. Event timings are from 4.30pm to 6.30pm and the trail closes at 8pm.
- Tickets are non-refundable, However, Time-slots can be exchanged once purchased, but there is a £3 administration charge per booking for this. contact email@example.com to arrange this.
- You must arrive within 15 minutes of your chosen timeslot, unfortunately after this time period you will not be able to access the Illuminated Trail.
- Children 2 yrs and under do not require a ticket for the event.
- Ticket includes free parking which is located just outside the gate area.
This year, the popular festive light trail is showcasing ambitious new outdoor artworks by regional artists.
One being the ‘Catching stars’ which is a dome-shaped artwork located at the centre of our gardens, filled with hundreds of suspended and illuminated stars, all designed by children from local schools.
Their garden is transformed by new art installations, illuminated features and decorations, creating a Winter Wonderland feel. With plenty of photo opportunities on the way around.
The estimated time for the Illuminated Trail is around 1 hour suggested by Ushaw. However, with excited children, we complete the trail in less than half an hour.
There is no specific end time for your ticket, once on site but the site will close at 8pm.
Illuminating Ushaw is wheelchair and pram friendly. However, the car park area can get muddy on the wetter days as this is grass based.
Dogs are welcome, but please keep them on a lead whilst in our grounds. However, dogs are unable to enter St. Cuthbert’s Chapel or Gift Shop.
As you walk around the trail, there is Christmas music playing and you may spot Santa Claus flying his sleigh through Ushaw’s copse of yew trees.
St Cuthbert’s, Ushaw’s most celebrated Gothic chapel, will also be decorated and illuminated from floor to ceiling, for the first time ever, creating a spectacular focal point for the trail.
Choirs and musicians will perform Christmas carols in the iconic chapel at various times throughout the evenings.
My perspective: “ I would say Ushaw’s Illumination trail is an magical experience for the children, especially getting to see Santa fly though the sky. And parents, Will love all the photo opportunities throughout.
Ushaw does suggest the trail takes an hour, but if your going as a family and have excited children who will possibly run around the route, it will speed up the estimate time”.
At the Front of the Historic House, there is several food vendors. Food vendors may vary per night due to availability.
Most food vendors you could pay with cash and card.
What’s on at Ushaw:
Here’s the key dates for your diary this month, as the festivities have really and truly taken over Ushaw.
Plus lots more, see all of our upcoming events: Click here.