Step inside the world of make believe in Preston Park museum and grounds – play space, ‘Not What it Seams’. Play dressing-up, design your own costume and put on a show.
Don’t forget to bring your wellies, to explore the Woodland Welly Walk and mud kitchen.
This runs from 19th February – 27th February, 10am – 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
Check out here
19th February: Join Tyne Theatre and Opera house For The Greatest Show On Earth Featuring International Circus Acts, Amazing Magic and Lots Of Laughs, which is suitable for all the family. Book now.
19th: Fun with felt at Bowes Museum
- 21st: Marvellous Mondays – Make a Roman Helmet, FREE event at Segedunum Roman Fort
- 21st-24th: 4-day Art School for 11-16 year olds at Laing Art Gallery.
- 22nd-24th: 3-day Art Academy for 7-10 year olds at Laing Art Gallery.
- 22nd and 24th: Family Arts Festival at Shipley Art Gallery.
Urban Green Newcastle are buzzing with excitement about their free Beelines North East activity days taking place this February half term.
Learn more about plants, pollinators and their conservation whilst enjoying springtime walking trails spotting the early signs of the new season, a crafting station and face painting. There may even be free hot chocolate for children that complete the spring spotting walk!
These are drop-in sessions so there’s no need to book a space.
To find out more visit https://bit.ly/3gLw7kI
- 24th: Make and Take Thursday – The Stephenson Steam Railway Shape Quest. FREE event – 11am – 3pm.
- Check out little monk cookery club at Blackfriars over half term- Book here.
Go visit Marley the miniature horse at Bamburgh castle on 21st February, between 10am and 2pm.
He loves to pose for selfies and will be available for short cart rides at the cost of £2.50 per child which can be paid using a contactless method at the time of the cart ride.
Viking Warrior, ‘Ragnar’ will be opening the gates of Bamburgh Castle on Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd February and though-out the day on-site telling visitors all about the Vikings.
- 23rd January: Seasonal wreath making – Bamburgh Castle.
26th: Whodunit Family Fun Day at Bowes Museum.
Dear zoo is on at Darlington Hippodrome. This family favourite is brought to life by Norwell Lapley Productions. Which is suitable for age 2 and over.
On both Sunday 27th and Monday 28th – check out details online.
Tickets are £10 per child with lunch included, but places are limited so make sure to give them a call on 01670 825795 to book.
Things to do:
Book in for with Jacelle Events for a teepee fun night with lots of themes and extras to make your night special.
Get 15% off for any booking during Feb half term that quotes “NEF15”.
Read our previous reviews here: Gifted | Jacelle Events – under the sea teepee review and Gifted| Jacelle events – craft table review.
Gutterball, North Shields have their Parent Saver offer back this half term, which runs Mon-Fri until 6pm.
2 games of bowling and a soft drink for £10 per child. – Read our review from previous visit.
They also have events on:
- Monday 21st Feb – Meet, Greet & Bowl with Paw Patrol – Chase and Skye – 10am-11am
- Wednesday 23rd Feb – Meet, Greet & Bowl with Toy Story – Rex and Jessie – 10am-11am
- Thursday 24th Feb – Lego & Bowl – 10am-11am & 11:30am-12:30pm
School Holiday Shootout is back with a bang, Under 18’s slots are available on Thursdays & Fridays 12pm-4pm during the holidays.
£10pp includes 1 Hour Shooting & a Soft Drink – Read our previous review from latest visit over the summer holidays.
Selfie central in the gate are offering a family ticket for 2 children and 2 adults at £34 – https://www.selfie-central.com/
- Tyne Riverside Country Park, Newburn Guide.
- Jesmond Dene.
- Chester Le street riverside park.
- Ridley park
- Plessey Woods Country Park.
- Carlisle Park – Morpeth
- Tynemouth priory and castle