Blagdon Lane, Cramlington
Today, we went and took part in the free Easter trail that Northumberlandia has to offer, we really enjoyed ourselves and would have stayed a little longer if the weather had of been nicer.
You can download the guide for the event of their website – printed or mobile version. We managed to find most numbers.
We struggled to find number 8 but we felt it could of blew off in the wind but apart from that it was a canny trail for free and was a lovely walk.
Information on the event:
- This trail will be available til April 10th 2021 and is free, you can put a donation in if you want to.
- The trail runs from 10am-4pm daily, the toilets are open, the cafe is open on site to grab a takeout hot drink and the parking is free.
- The trail is recommended for children 4-8 but the walk onto the lady of north is beautiful for all ages.
- Dogs are welcome to go onto the grounds too, aslong as they are on leads and it is pushchair friendly if you don’t mind pushing up the banks or you could just stick to the ground route.
Northumberlandia is a unique piece of public art set in a 46 acre community park with free public access and 4 miles of footpaths on and around the landform.
When you reach the top of the lady of the north, you can see right over into the cold minds which is a great view.
The Visitor Centre and Café is on the right as you enter the site through the main entrance gates at Northumberlandia. It offers a range of hot drinks and snacks.
- You must wear a mask unless exempt when entering the cafe.
- Only two family groups at a time.
- Opening times are Mon-Sun 10:00 – 16:00.
- Dogs are welcome in the cafe as-long as on a lead.
￼Visiting by public transport:
The following buses run every 10-15 minutes and stop at the Beacon Hill Fisher Lane roundabout (please check latest schedules in case of any change due to Covid-19).
There is a gate with a path leading directly to the main site (approximately 10 mins on foot).
• X22 – Newcastle – Bedlington – Wansbeck – Ashington
• X21 – Newcastle – Bedlington – Ashington – Newbiggin
Check out their website for more information: Click here.